We’ve always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but do we treat it like it is? If it’s the most important, we should be eating less syrup and gravy, and more foods that will give us the energy and nutrients we need to tackle our busy day. So, today we’ll be sharing a few healthy breakfast recipes! Some of these can be used while on the Transformation Kit, or as part of your healthy lifestyle overall.
AVOCADO AND BAKED EGGS
This recipe tastes great with the toppings listed, or any kind you’d like! Try diced tomatoes, diced bell peppers, or even your favorite fresh salsa.
- 2 avocados
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- goat cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut your avocados in half, lengthwise, scooping out just enough to make room for the egg. Save the avocado for a snack for later!
- Place each of the avocados in a small baking dish to ensure they have support to stay upright. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your preference.
- Sprinkle on toppings of your choice. The ones we’ve selected are a great source of protein and flavor!
These little egg bites are a quick way to get the protein your body needs. Not only are they delicious, but they can be made as part of your weekly meal prep to make mornings even easier!
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach, excess water removed
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tray with your oil of choice.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add bacon, cheese, and spinach to egg mixture. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Evenly pour mixture into muffin tin. This can be done with a measuring cup to ensure equal amounts in each spot.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately with optional garnish. Store in the fridge for up to four days if using as part of meal prep.
GREEK YOGURT BREAKFAST PARFAITS
Not only are these parfaits healthy and easy, but they’re a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth! They can also be made ahead of time, as long as you leave the granola out until you’re ready to serve. We recommend using berries that are in season for the best flavor!
- 32 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 5 cups berries or fruit of your choice
- 4-5 cups of granola (preferably homemade!)
- In a mason jar or bowl, layer the parfait starting with ¼ cup of yogurt, then a ¼ cup of berries, and a ¼ cup or granola. Continue layering until you have reached the proper portion size.
- If you’re wanting to make ahead of time, layer without the granola and seal the mason jar. Place granola into a small baggie to take when you’re ready to eat the parfait. Will last in the fridge for up to a week.